Friday, August 26, 2011

2nd First Day of School

Today was the 1st day of school for the second half of our Kindergarten Rock Stars!  We have had another wonderful day.  It was a little smaller group today.  We spent the morning going over rules and procedures for the bathroom, classroom, lunch, and walking to and from different places.  Please discuss these rules and procedures every day, especially these first few weeks of school.  It is important that your child knows these for us to have an awesome year!
This afternoon we went on our Brown Bear scavenger hunt.  It was exciting to see all the special area classrooms.  We had fun playing outside with the other kindergarten classrooms.  We also had just enough time to enjoy reading, blocks, and play-doh centers.  
The students were very sweet today.  I had a couple tell me that I was their favorite teacher and some got really upset when I told them it was time to go home!  I am so glad they enjoyed their first day of Kindergarten.  


I am excited for our first full week of Kindergarten!  Monday all the Kindergartners will be back. 

Just a reminder that next week will start our colors unit.  Each day will be a different color.  I sent a note home of the dates but just in case you need a reminder...
Monday- Red or Yellow
Tuesday- Brown
Wednesday- Purple
Thursday- Blue or Green
Friday- Orange

Have a great weekend.  Enjoy the sunshine and rest up for another fun week in Kindergarten! 
Please email me if you have any questions!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment